Certain Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offices allow customers to schedule appointments up to 90 days in advance. These offices include:
- Las Vegas.
- Carson City.
Las Vegas and Reno residents may NOT schedule appointments in Carson City or rural offices.
To make a DMV appointment in Nevada, visit the DMV online portal and:
- Select “schedule” under either:
- General services.
- Driving skills test.
- Choose the location where you’d like to schedule your appointment.
- Choose the reason for your visit (if you are not scheduling a driving exam). If you need to complete multiple tasks you do NOT need to make several appointments.
- Choose an available date and time for your visit.
- Provide your contact information.
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, you can use the same online portal.
For many common DMV transactions, a visit to the office is NOT required. You can go online to:
- Renew a vehicle registration.
- Order a replacement registration and plate decal.
- Update or verify insurance.
- Renew a driver’s license or ID.
- Register a vehicle purchased at a Nevada dealer.